- What is hibiscus tea good for?
- Is it safe to drink hibiscus tea everyday?
- how much hibiscus tea is good per day?
- what is the best time to drink hibiscus tea?
- Does hibiscus tea help you lose weight?
- Is hibiscus tea good for the skin?
- Does hibiscus tea make you sleepy?
- Can hibiscus tea help burn belly fat?
Table of Contents
- What is Hibiscus Tea Good For?
- Is it Safe To Drink Hibiscus Tea Everyday?
- How Much Hibiscus is Good Per Day?
- What Is The Best Time To Drink Hibiscus Tea?
- Does Hibiscus Tea Help In weight Loss?
- Is hibiscus tea good for the skin?
- Does hibiscus tea make you feel sleepy?
- Can hibiscus tea help burn belly fat?
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Hibiscus Tea
- Health benefits
- What Are The Benefits Of Hibiscus Tea
- 1.Protects liver
- 2. It is useful in high blood pressure
- 3. It relieves constipation
- 4. It helps in weight loss
- 5. It relieves fatigue
- 6. May help to restore appetite
- 7. May enhance the immune system
- 9. May treat cough and cold
- 11. It boosts good eye health and vision
What is Hibiscus Tea Good For?
Hibiscus tea is known for its effectiveness in preventing high blood pressure, high cholesterol, it increase the production of breast milk, and other health conditions.
Is it Safe To Drink Hibiscus Tea Everyday?
If moderately taken is considered safe. It can be dangerous to some since it helps lower blood sugar.
How Much Hibiscus is Good Per Day?
There is no rule guiding the appropriate use of hibiscus tea. Most capsules has 250-milligram to 400-milligram doses and are considered safe if used within this range.
What Is The Best Time To Drink Hibiscus Tea?
According to one-six week study, the best time to consume hibiscus tea is at night. It helps calm the nerves and aid with relaxation.
Does Hibiscus Tea Help In weight Loss?
Hibiscus tea can give protection against obesity and is linked to weight loss. A study has shown that after 12weeks of giving hibiscus extract to 36 overweight participant, noticed a reduction in their body weight and body fat.
Is hibiscus tea good for the skin?
Hibiscus tea is known for its anti-inflammable effect. It is suitable for sensitive skin and is rich in antioxidant. In the beauty industry, hibiscus tea is well known for its effectiveness in healing wounds.
Does hibiscus tea make you feel sleepy?
Due to its effect on blood pressure, excessive consumption of this tea can cause dizziness.
Can hibiscus tea help burn belly fat?
Drinking hibiscus tea helps detoxifies the system, aids in the elimination of belly fat. It works so well when combined with exercising the body.
11 Amazing Benefits Of Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus Tea is also known as Zobo Drink is a popular beverage around the world and is usually used as a medicinal tea. Hibiscus flowers have different names and are known as ”Roselle” in some places. Zobo drink does not contain alcoholic contents.
Hibiscus tea known as Zobo drink in Nigeria is ruby red colour and includes a sour taste. So, it can also be called sour tea and has a flavour much like cranberry. Zobo is very nutritious, and it has a lot of nutrients such as Calcium, Iron, Protein, Vitamin C, Niacin, Phosphorous, Fiber, Fat, Riboflavin, Carotene, Thiamine, etc. These nutrients are what make the Zobo drink a healthy drink with lots of amazing health benefits which are listed below.
The health benefits contain its ability to treat high cholesterol, high blood pressure, disturbed the digestive and inflammatory and immune system problems as well.
It can help cure liver diseases and lower the risk of cancer. Additionally, it may increase metabolism and help in healthy, slow weight loss. It’s rich in minerals, vitamin C, and antioxidants and helps in treating anxiety and hypertension.
What Are The Benefits Of Hibiscus Tea
The liver is quite essential in the body because it engages in many vital functions, which includes the regular production of proteins, decomposition of fat, secretion of bile, and lots more. However, these functions could be a delay if your liver is no longer working efficiently.
Luckily, multiple studies reveal that Zobo might help promote liver health and increase their functioning. The liver-protecting properties included in the hibiscus extract aids in improving liver health by simply increasing drug-detoxifying enzymes and reducing liver damage and fatty liver.
2. It is useful in high blood pressure
Zobo drink has been shown to lessen high blood pressure in people having mild high blood pressure and prehypertension. A study carried out by Odigie IP indicated that zobo drink has cardioprotective properties, which may be good for people at high risks of heart diseases. It can help to lower the levels of LDL cholesterol from the body, thereby helping to protect against heart disease and protecting blood vessels from injuries.
3. It relieves constipation
Zobo drink has a high quantity of fibre which can be very useful in combating constipation. That is high fibre content also helps digestive health.
4. It helps in weight loss
Zobo drinks help in weight loss and may be used to keep and control a healthy weight. It’s low in fat and carbohydrate that’s usually related to weight gain. Also, zobo drink delays the production of an enzyme Amylase that’s indicated for the absorption of starch and carbohydrates in the body.
5. It relieves fatigue
Zobo drink can boost energy levels during fatigue conditions. Riboflavin contained in zobo leaves plays a significant role in energy metabolism and thereby increases the levels of energy in the body. It escalates the levels of energy and fights fatigue and minor cases of chronic fatigue syndrome.
6. May help to restore appetite
Zobo drink has numerous minerals and vitamins like iron, carotene, calcium, fibre, free- caffeine, and so on.
Loss in appetite might be related to your digestive system. Whenever your digestive works well, you will likely have a healthy appetite.
The nutrients included in the drink can help you to regain your appetite while overcoming any worms and bacteria in your digestive system, because of the existence of anti-bacterial properties.
7. May enhance the immune system
Zobo drink is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C; these vitamins enhance the immune system and fight all kinds of diseases and infections. Regular drinking of zobo drink will increase the levels of vitamin C in the body and therefore empower your immune system. Because of the high content of the vitamins, it fights inflammation and kills bacteria, and that helps treat coughs and colds.
8. It improves sperm quality; it is proven by research that moderate intake of zobo drink helps to produce good sperm quality in males. It improves the speed and size of the sperm. This is due to its high protein content.
9. May treat cough and cold
Zobo drink has ascorbic acid, which is a type of vitamin C that’s important to the body’s immune system.
Along with this, the drink provides anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
However, the hibiscus drink is commonly made into supplements which can help to treat colds and coughs.
So, it has cooling effects that help to lessen the discomfort of fever, which might accompany such illnesses.
10. It reduces menstrual pain and controls menstrual period Zobo drink is very effective in female reproductive health. It helps to balance female reproductive hormones, and this can help to control an irregular period. Moreover, it helps to restore blood flow to the uterus and pelvis, thereby relieving cramps related to menstruation.
11. It boosts good eye health and vision
Carotene ( a tetraterpene) contained in zobo leaves is converted by the body into vitamin A. Vitamin A keeps the eyes healthy; it increases clear and healthy visions and stops eye problems like night blindness. A mix of vitamin A and C strengthens immunity and protect against eye problems and also stop eye problems related to ageing.